Landscaping Around House – Make Your House Beautiful
Economic reasons for landscaping are:
- Increases the value of your home
- Makes your home more attractive to prospective purchasers
- Reduces the time your property is on the market
- Reduces heating and cooling costs
Environmental reasons for landscaping are:
- Reduction of storm water runoff reducing local flooding
- Control temperature extremes, stay cooler in summer and warmer in winter
- Erosion control reducing loss of soils in waterways
- Reduction in evaporation and soil degradation
Health reasons for landscaping are:
- Creates a healthier home by filtering pollutants and providing cleaner air
- Keeps the family fit by fostering an active lifestyle
- Creates a beautiful environment to decrease your stress levels
- Provides privacy
Social reasons for landscaping are:
- Creates green buffer zones to increase the livability of our communities
- Local noise and heat reduction
- Attractive environment for entertaining and relaxing
- Enhances livability of high density development
In 2012 on Channel Nine’s hit show, The Block, Dale and Sophie won the Landscaping Challenge through clever use of a small space .
It was the plant selection, creative deck and gorgeous styling that lead them to win the gold bullion. Too many times we have heard homeowners say “It will be cheaper for me to do my own landscaping. It’s just a cost we don’t really need to incur”. The cost of professional landscaping is not only essential to a quality finish, but is the key ingredient to adding value to your home through careful planning, and curb appeal.
Looking at all four houses on The Block, all couples chose to use a professional landscaper to plan and construct their yards, and with good reason. Real Estate agent, Alistair Macmillan from Ray White Wilston stated “Professional landscaping adds value to a property, as it greatly increases the homes appeal from the street. You have to remember that normally the first time a prospective buyer is going to view a house that is for sale is either online or in the paper”.
“Landscaping shows the house off and creates a wonderful first impression for buyers. Buyers who like the way in which the house looks from the street are far more likely to organize an internal viewing with the agent. The value that landscaping brings is increased inspections, more competition and better sale prices”.
“Landscaping is critical when selling. It provides buyers with an insight into how the owner looks after their home. A well presented home from the street with manicured gardens and landscaping shows buyers that the owners take pride in their home and will certainly influence the sale price”.
When people attempt to do the landscaping themselves, it is obvious to potential buyers. There are many things that only professional landscapers with experience are aware of when choosing plants, building retaining walls and creating drainage systems. Without this knowledge and expertise, homeowners are not only risking damage to their property but a decrease in the value of their home.
If you are not sure or don’t know anything about landscaping, here is a great source to help you with landscaping ideas Access 7250 lanscaping ideas
This guide on landscaping around house is to help you understand why it is important to landscape your house. i hope you found it very helpful.
read more on landscaping around house and lots of other guide click here